A family northeast-based business founded in 2010, at Events of the North we pride ourselves on delivering high quality mass participation events across the country. Within the team we have a wealth of experience in the organisation, delivery and marketing of major sporting events. If you would be interested in joining our event family, have a look and the roles we have available below.
Under the umbrella of ‘Events of the North’, the team have successfully set up Worcester City Run, Sunderland City Runs, Kielder Marathon Weekend, Durham City Run Festival, and welcomed The Northumbrian in 2022. In 2024, Events of the North will welcome the debut of the outdoor sports festival Wild Goat in Cumbria. Events of the North are also delivery partner for the Forestry England Forest Runner Series.
To join our growing team, see the list of available jobs underneath. Casual event crew always welcome! Email applications and event crew enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 17th December 2023
Events of the North is a successful event company responsible for delivering a range of running, cycling and triathlon events across the UK. Headed by Steve Cram CBE, the company has been keeping the events scene vibrant since 2010 when Britain’s Most Beautiful Marathon was launched in Kielder. The company has now expanded into delivering six large scale events with well over 15,000 entrants as part of the EOTN portfolio in any one year. Paula Radcliffe’s Families on Track events sit within our portfolio. Additionally, we manage and deliver Forestry England’s Forest Runner series.
The Event Assistant will work with the existing team with the planning and delivery of its busy schedule of events. The role will be varied, high paced and extremely rewarding. We are looking for a self-motivated individual, with an interest in working within Event Management. The ideal candidate will have a passion for outdoor events and sports and will be motivated by working in a small and expanding business.
The role will require a confident phone manner and strong interpersonal skills. Applicants should be personable, confident, enthusiastic and hardworking, be flexible and have a positive attitude. You will need to own a car and have a full clean driving licence to be considered for this position.
You should expect to work a number of weekends and occasionally, out of hours, especially throughout the event season. You will gain invaluable experience in the full end to end process of event planning and delivery.
Typical working hours are 37.5 hours per week
The role will be office based near Hexham, Northumberland
Salary: £20,000 – £24,000, depending on experience
Please see the job description below for full details of the role. You’ll need to refer to this within your application to show how you meet the essential criteria.
- Monitor the event enquiry inbox and respond to customer queries
- Administrative support for online entry system – issuing codes, setting up accounts and dealing with all charity, corporate and group entry queries
- Generate and supply weekly reports both internally and externally
- Supporting with equipment logistics across the event portfolio
- Assisting with creating and compiling event Operations documents
- Notifying and liaising with stakeholders and landowners associated with events
- Assisting with warehouse management
- Assisting the Volunteer Manager with monitoring the volunteer inbox and volunteer recruitment
- During events you will assist the Operations team with set-up and delivery of the events on site
- General office admin tasks
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office –Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a larger events team
- Strong interpersonal skills with a wide variety of audiences
- Have the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to juggle a number of tasks at once and to consistently deliver high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Full UK Driver’s Licence
The Ideal Candidate
- You will be energetic and positive in your approach
- You will have a passion for and interest in sports events
- An experience of working at sports events
- Comfortable with technology and eagerness to learn new skills
- Recent student of sport event management, sport development or sport science
If you would like to apply please send a copy of your CV with cover letter to email@example.com